Sunday, March 1, 2015

WEEK FIVE

Hard to believe but we are half way through the term, time really does fly when you are having fun. I have been to almost every class in the school and am thoroughly enjoying my new role. I now know many more children and am challenging myself to work within many different levels effectively. It has given me a chance to see just how wonderful our school is and see first hand what great work our wonderful teachers are doing.

As the term and year rolls on we begin to focus on the needs of students and finding ways to keep them engaged, motivated and loving learning. As you can imagine this is different for each child and sometimes it takes a little longer with some. So just like students we also continue to learn new ways to help children each day.

A t-shirt I saw on facebook summed it all up fairly succinctly and I think parents would agree that they could have a t-shirt similar but replace teacher with parent ( I know as a mother of four I would love one). "If at first you don't succeed, try doing what your teacher told you to do the first time."


Lastly from me I would like to acknowledge young Izy Dawber who died last week. Izy will be missed by many in our school community. Our thoughts are with her family at this time.


No comments: